Website Deals.net ((Coming Soon)) Banner

Website Deals.net ((Coming Soon)) :: The Bazaar :: Domains :: Giants still have payroll flexibility after ad - View Topic
Topic Rating: *****
Reply Printable View
aliciahuang

pm

Giants still have payroll flexibility after ad (31st Jan 18 at 8:45am UTC)Quote Reply

two-year contract Monday but not necessarily to be a starter in center field. General manager Bobby Evans said Tuesday the club would "keep doors open internally and externally as we get closer to spring training.",Jackson joined the Giants on a $6 million

hitting .262 with six homers and 26 RBIs in 44 games.,How much Jackson starts in center could depend on Steven Duggar's development and whether he makes the club out of spring training. Duggar batted .261 with two home runs and six RBIs in 13 games with Triple-A Sacramento last season and played at three levels in the minors

and has $1 million in escalators in 2019 plus $1.5 million in performance bonuses for the second year.,Jackson will earn $3 million per season

"Did we get him to be our everyday center fielder? Probably not," said Brian Sabean, Giants' executive vice president of baseball operations.

Jackson, who turns 31 on Feb. 1 and can play all three outfield positions, batted .318 with seven homers, 19 doubles, three triples and 35 RBIs while limited to just 85 games because of injuries for Cleveland last season. His .352 average against left-handed pitchers ranked fourth in the American League.

The Jackson deal increased the Giants' projected 2018 luxury tax payroll to about $195 million — just $2 million below the threshold — and the bonus structure pushed additional money into the deal's second year.

though they could free up some space well before then with a trade.,Evans said the Giants still had some payroll wiggle room "to manage opportunities that come along" such as signing a player to a minor league deal before spring training or pursue an acquisition at the trade deadline come summer

"We're still targeting to stay under but, but there are advantages to it that if we can stay under it produces benefits into the future years, again, it's not a requirement," Evans said. "We are staying active in discussions with options out there. We intend to stay with that target for now,Womens David Sharpe Jersey, below the threshold. ... The advantages to staying under it now, doesn't mean when it's all said and done that we're under it, so we're mindful of that."

Pence's old post.,Manager Bruce Bochy is eager to see how his outfield takes shape. Hunter Pence will make the move to left field after the Giants acquired Andrew McCutchen from Pittsburgh last week to be the starter in right field

" Bochy said. "Just to have these kind of options and this kind of defense and production from the outfield is going to be nice to have as we go into spring training.",Womens Marshawn Lynch Jersey,"We still have an outfield spot there that is going to be competitive on who makes this club

the Giants met with Toth this week at the Senior Bowl. The impressive offensive lineman out of Army has made headlines and caught the attention of scouts with an impressive practice week. Toth first jumped onto the scene with an impressive week of practices and an excellent game in the East-West Shrine game last weekend. He carried that momentum over to the Senior Bowl this week with Giants general manager Dave Gettleman and head coach Pat Shurmur in attendance.

"He was one of the few offensive linemen who found a way to stop Harrison Phillips of Stanford -- who has run roughshod over opponents -- and Oklahoma’s Ogbonnia Okoronkwo -- who has been one of the best speed rushers on the field -- as well as anyone else who dared line up against him," Tripoldi wrote, via Draft Analyst. "He’s a patient, fundamentally sound blocker who finds a way to get the job done." Toth is a nasty,Authentic Jihad Ward Jersey, nasty run blocker.

they’ve turned to the right man. Tyke Tolbert has done that before.,If the Giants want a position coach who can coddle Odell Beckham Jr.

“I played college ball with Odell’s dad [Odell Beckham Sr.] at LSU and I went to school with his mom, confirming that he’s agreed to be the wide receivers coach on Pat Shurmur’s staff. “I told Odell when he was born, Heather [Van Norman],” Tolbert told The Courier of Montgomery County (Texas) this week,Womens Shilique Calhoun Jersey, at LSU, I held him as a baby outside of our dorm at LSU.”

That, of course, was 25 years ago. Beckham has grown into an NFL superstar — albeit one with a penchant for headline-grabbing distractions — and probably is the most important player on the Giants’ roster. He’s coming off a season in which he missed the last 12 games with a fractured ankle and is heading into the final year of his rookie contract.

It will be Tolbert’s job to make sure all of that goes smoothly (although the Giants will not formally announce their staff until a later date).

Tolbert, Derrick Shepard,Authentic Mario Edwards Jr Jersey, who spent the last seven seasons with the Broncos, also has family connections with another young Giants receiver, Sterling Shepard. “When I left Conroe High School, I took some official visits before I decided I was going to LSU, and when I went there,” Tolbert told his hometown paper. “One of my official visits was the University of Oklahoma, his dad, was my host. He showed me around the University of Oklahoma the whole weekend.”

This is one fight the tech giants of the world may never hear the end of.

On Thursday, UK Prime Minister Theresa May told the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, she wants to see investors put more pressure on tech companies over extremist content on social networks.

May stressed in her speech that social networks should crack down harder on content relating to terrorism and child abuse and ought to remove it automatically. She acknowledged that progress had been made but that they needed to work to regain people's trust.

"Technology companies still need to do more in stepping up to their responsibilities for dealing with harmful and illegal online activity," she said."Companies simply cannot stand by while their platforms are used to facilitate child abuse, modern slavery or the spreading of terrorist and extremist content."

Twitter proactively removes 95 percent of terrorist accounts using its own technology, NGOs, and 75 percent before their first tweet, a spokesman for the social network said in a statement. "Terrorism is a societal problem and therefore requires a societal response,Womens Jihad Ward Jersey," he said. "Tech has a role to play, as do government, educators, the police and academia."

In her speech,Authentic Marshawn Lynch Jersey, May also touched on the UK's problematic relationship with Uber. In September,Womens Karl Joseph Jersey, the ride-hailing company lost its license to operate in London, and the appeals process is ongoing.

"The answer isn't to shut Uber down but rather to address those concerns, and to establish and enforce the standards and protections that can make this technology work for customers and employees alike,Authentic Karl Joseph Jersey," May said. Her words could come as some reassurance to Uber executives as the company approaches its court hearing, which is set for April.

Head coach Pat Shurmur aced Friday morning’s introductory press conference in East Rutherford, coming off as confident, comfortable,Authentic Shilique Calhoun Jersey, relatable,Womens Connor Cook Jersey, intelligent and in charge.

especially from Mara.,But what stood out most from both Shurmur’s and team president John Mara’s comments was the stark contrast in their remarks about the futures of Manning and Beckham

Shurmur said he believes Manning has “years left” on his career and Mara stressed how “positive” it was to hear Shurmur endorse Manning from the beginning of his interview for the job.,On the one hand

On the other, while Shurmur glowed about Beckham’s “tremendous” talent and said it will be “sort of a clean slate deal right now,Authentic Connor Cook Jersey,” Mara said that he wants Beckham to meet with Shurmur and understand “how we’re gonna act” before signing him to a contract extension.

And Shurmur added on Beckham: “I need to talk to him about what it is that we’re looking for (in) a guy that plays for the New York Giants.”

This marked Mara’s most lukewarm comments on Beckham’s future with the Giants yet, and it made clear Shurmur intends to set ground rules that forbid the type of behavior Beckham often has exhibited in bad taste — from his 2015 street fight with Josh Norman and related suspension, to the infamous Boat Trip prior to the 2016 playoff dud in Green Bay, to pretending to pee on the field like a dog in Philadelphia this past fall.

“We’ll deal with that at the appropriate time, is a priority. “I’ve said before many times that we want him to be a Giant, but that’s not necessarily right now, 25,” Mara said of whether re-signing Beckham, and we’ll get something done at some point in time. But I want first (for) Pat to sit down with him and them to have a good understanding about how we’re gonna act going forward. And I have a lot of confidence that that’s gonna work out well. But we’ll see.”
 Reply Printable View